Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Salvation Army Find: Foot Stools

So I found these ugly little gems at the Salvation Army here a while back!  I am so glad I decided to send my MIL back down and grab them up for me. They turned out fantastic!


Larger stool before.
Smaller stool mid-way of paint... ugly dirty huh?!

Both stools with the first coat of white paint.  I think I had to add about three coats for the coverage I wanted!
Large stool finished!  Stands about 10" tall and is about 15" x 20" in length and width. White Paint, French Ephemera, which for some reason, I can not find the translation for... but I loved the font and lay out.  After I applied the Ephemera, I sanded heavily and added some clear furniture wax.  He's so handsome!

This little guys is my favorite of the two.  He had some damaged corners which added to the character of  it.   Stands about 6" tall and is about 10" x 15" in length and width.  Again, white craft paint, French Ephemera, sanded heavily and added some clear furniture wax to finish them off!

Well, that's it for now.  I have more projects that I am doing and finishing up!  I am hoping I can find the time to post some more pictures as they get finished up!